My appetite is growing as ever and I'm struggling not to gain weight. Haha. Don't laugh but I'm writing this post with the intent on giving you visual thrills and a grumbling in your tummies. Ok I'm the bad guy here but I just gotta share these food cravings.
PROSCIUTTO AND CHEESE SANDWICH
I copied the recipe here:
⅔ of 1 French baguette (save the rest for homemade breadcrumbs)
2 tablespoons butter, softened
4-6 slices prosciutto
4 slices Comté or Gruyère cheese
Slice the baguette into three pieces, setting aside one piece for another use. Cut the two remaining pieces of baguette horizontally, to make two halves of a sandwich. Divide the butter between the four slices, spreading to coat lightly. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
Divide the prosciutto between the two bottom slices of bread. Top with the slices of cheese and place the top half of the bread on top of the cheese. Wrap and pack for a picnic, or enjoy at home with a mixed green salad.
Source: Marcus Samuelsson’s Blog
Read up on the Ten Commandments of Macarons at Brave Tart. [LINK]
KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN
Recipe as copied from Pigspigscorner:
- 1 tbs oil
- 10 chicken wings - separated, tips discarded
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 1 stalk spring onion (sliced for garnishing)
For chili sauce:
- 1/4 cup (35 g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ginger - grated
- 1 garlic clove - finely chopped
- 2 tbs (30 g) gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- For chilli sauce, combine ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the batter until it’s a thick paste. Add the wings and mix with your hands until they’re thoroughly coated.
- Put the coated wings in the ActiFry and drizzle with the oil. Close the lid and cook for about 35 mins or until brown and crispy.[OR Preheat oil in a deep-sided saucepan to 180C. Dip chicken pieces in batter and deep-fry in batches, turning occasionally until light golden (5-6 minutes). Drain on absorbent paper until cooled slightly (10-15 minutes).Deep-fry chicken again, in batches, until crisp and deep golden (6-8 minutes), drain on absorbent paper.]
- Add fried chicken to sauce, add sesame seeds, toss to coat and serve hot topped with spring onion.
RED VELVET CAKE
The cake had a gorgeous red color and you can find the recipe for it at Pick Yin’s Blog. [LINK]