- The joy of hearing someone else say it back to you
- The hurt of hearing silence and rejection in return
Alternative ways to say I love you
- Give her, her favorite flower even if there’s no occasion at all.
- Leave creative notes of love around.
- Care for them when they’re sick.
- Go out of your way to do something nice for the person that you love like for example when you don’t really cook at home and yet you do.
- Write an alphabet of appreciation. (A you’re awesome..)
- Give them a long hug.
- Watch the sunrise/sunset together just holding hands and enjoying each other’s nearness.
- Write an old-fashioned love letter or email.
- Be spontaneous and plan a surprise date.
- Give comfort to a friend in need.
- Watch their favorite show or movie even if you don’t like it.
- Make them smile at least once a day.
The tips I mentioned above doesn’t only apply to couples but for other relationships as well. True to the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I hope everyone is enjoying this day. Spread the love. :)