- They make me fall asleep after just a few chapters.
- I start hating the characters too much.
- The story is not engaging enough.
Then again, there are also some books that are gathering dust on my bookshelf because they’re too hard to read. Have you come across books like these? It’s not as if these are bad novels, but some are written in heavy prose or the subject is too heavy for me. It’s always either of those two. I bought them because they’ve gotten good reviews and people have put them in the must-read books in one’s lifetime. Well, it seems that it will take more than a good reading nook for me to finish reading these books.
Here’s my list:
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabrilel Garcia Marquez [synopsis]
4. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath [synopsis]
6. Foucault’s Pendulum by Umberto Eco [synopsis]
7. Things fall Apart by Chinua Achebe [synopsis]
8. The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie [synopsis]