Top 8 Hard Books to ReadFor the past two years, I’ve signed myself up for the reading challenge in Goodreads. As of now, I’m 21 books in for this year, only 59 more books to go. I feel especially good at the end of the year when I’ve done reading the very last book. Majority of the book titles I’ve read have been great but there were also times that I had to abandon reading some halfway. Why?
- They make me fall asleep after just a few chapters.
- I start hating the characters too much.
- The story is not engaging enough.
Then again, there are also some books that are gathering dust on my bookshelf because they’re too hard to read. Have you come across books like these? It’s not as if these are bad novels, but some are written in heavy prose or the subject is too heavy for me. It’s always either of those two. I bought them because they’ve gotten good reviews and people have put them in the must-read books in one’s lifetime. Well, it seems that it will take more than a good reading nook for me to finish reading these books.
Here’s my list:
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabrilel Garcia Marquez [synopsis]
4. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath [synopsis]
6. Foucault’s Pendulum by Umberto Eco [synopsis]